SBC/AT&T Retirement Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

whos fault is it that health care is changing?

2 posters

Go down

whos fault is it that health care is changing? Empty whos fault is it that health care is changing?

Post by sotxbill Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:17 pm

Not to start a fight, or maybe to start a fight. Health care is going up. and I have to pay a portion of my health care and I'm mad as hell!! Sad

Okay, now I feel better. bounce
sotxbill
sotxbill

Back to top Go down

whos fault is it that health care is changing? Empty Paying for HealthCare

Post by jcd491 Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:46 pm

All I can say is that if you are just now starting to pay for your health care, then you are very lucky. If I'm not mistaken, I started contributing to my health care in either 1998, or 1999. At that time it was a modest contribution, but before my 2 children got health care of their own, and my wifes' job started providing health care, my contributions were $430.00 plus, with a very large deductible and an enormous out of pocket contribution. All in all, I figured that if me or one of my family needed some serious medical care it would end up costing me out of pocket somewhere in the neighborhood of $17,000.00 before United Health care would pay 100% of the bill. That comes from $326.00 per month for 12 months, a deductible of $2200.00 plus the $11,000.00 out of pocket. Combine all of these costs and that is what an retired epr manager is saddled with if they have a single non medicare dependant. So, again if you are just starting to pay for your health care, you are indeed lucky, for now.

jcd491

Back to top Go down

whos fault is it that health care is changing? Empty Re: whos fault is it that health care is changing?

Post by sotxbill Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:21 pm

Me too. (epr2000) When SBC set the limit on max health care payouts, it was the first crack in the concrete(Was it 1986?). I started paying about the same time you did. I even priced out going to aarp and using their coverage, and its not much more that ours. A couple years before, my wife took a management job. It was cheaper to be on her plan till then. Gosh, why couldnt I have kept her pregnant and barefooted and craft??

Oops dear, just kidding..

Have you checked out the other companies to see what they are doing?
sotxbill
sotxbill

Back to top Go down

whos fault is it that health care is changing? Empty Re: whos fault is it that health care is changing?

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum